Pumpkins and Paperwork
We just got home from our friends annual pumkin carving party. It was a litte larger than usual - about 15 kids and associated parents and friends. What a riot. Our three had been having a rough day - they had their H1N1 shots yesterday and all three were feeling under the weather all day, and giving us a very hard time. The best part of the day was sitting on the floor singing and playing wooden spoon drums and percussion to "Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits."
The rest of the day consisted of arguing, baiting, whining, crying, and thankfully a little sleeping too.
But when we got to the party they totally rallied and had a great time. Toby was in heaven because his best friend was there, Micah was in heaven because football was on the big screen and Addie was heaven because she was at a party. When we got home, we did the usual divide and conquer with the team's bedtime routine. Mama took the twins and I took care of Toby. He climbed into bed after a couple of books and some warm milk, and I sang him a few songs. As I got up to leave I kissed him on the head and he sighed and said "I have some serious paperwork to do after this day." It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. I was dying to know what serious paperwork he has to do tomorrow, and I didn't dare ask him, since it was already an hour after the boy's bedtime!

3 Comments:
Too funny about the paperwork, so glad they had a good party, and love the kitchen music creativity!
Hope Toby got his paperwork. I love it when the kids say something they've heard us say...cracks me up!
What kind of mad parenting skills do you have that you could resist the temptation to ask about the serious paperwork? I am in awe.
Post a Comment
<< Home